Sunday, May 11, 2008

Hello again my loves

So I know it has been FOREVER since I have updated....and soo much has happened. But I wont go into those details because I simply dont have the time.
Time is something I have not had lately.
I have been incredibly frustrated these past couple of months about my absolute incapacity to follow a schedule. I will schedule time to do homework, read this or that, work out, or whatever...but that schedule has yet to go accordingly. So I have come to the point where I dont do schedules anymore. What is the point? They never work for me and I wind up increasingly frustrated. Which I hate. So I said to hell with schedules and I just wing everything.....and I love it. It works for me. Living life on the wing brings much excitement. And I still have the same success level. I really don't know why I am writing about this. SUBJECT CHANGE.

PASSIONS. The other day I performed in the play "Vanities" before my drama class. And I was reminded of why I love to act and perform. Being on stage in character: in another persons feelings, thinking another persons thoughts....just putting your heart into a whole a play is something I love. Being on stage, playing off the adrenaline of the other actors and having the ability to escape the boring monotonous life we live, is so addicting. Being able to pour your time and energy into a masterpiece of a performance is soo exhilarating. The feeling of being back stage in the dark, knowing that the moment you walk into the stage lights you will be watched and judged by others. Knowing that at any moment you could trip, mess up, look like an idiot....knowing that you can humiliate yourself, but not caring, just forgetting about your own identity to become the identity of your character. Nothing else matters. Not your lousy boyfriend, not your slipping grades, not your overbearing parents, nothing. You are a whole nother person, you have officially escaped. You dont exist. All that matters in that moment are the lights, the adrenaline, the lines, the blocking, the emotion, the joy, the despair, the hatred, the love, the character you are in that very moment. And giving everything you have to bring that literature, those words, that meaning to life. Theatre is the portrayal of magic, of fantasy, of hardship, of love, of eternity, of death, of the reason for existence. Theatre makes a person think, imagine, desire, dream...ect. Theatre is such a source of inspiration that is fading away in todays society. Actors are being replaced with movie stars, performances are being replaced with dvds, creativity is being lost in every click of the TV remote control. What has happened to performing arts? Why is theatre overlooked so much? Sports, easy entertainment, laziness ect...It is so sad..

Wow what a random tangent I just went into....

Well hmmm....I dont know what else to say....um so yeah....haha

2 comments:

Sadie said...

Hey girly! I got one of these! hopefully I'll remember to keep up with it! haha.

Mandy said...

I'm glad you're back!!!