Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Hello Loves!

Hmmm I recognize it has been a long time since my last post, and I am very sorry about that!
My life since last post:

I have been crazy busy with school!!!
I have had a crazy sleep pattern!!!

Regionals was supposed to be last week, but they so conveniently rescheduled for the day I leave for Mexico!!!!

Stressful! But luckily the amazing team I am going with to Mexico decided to wait for Beth and I : ) Thanks!

Im super nervous for regionals, it is what qualifies me for state. I really really really hope I can go, but state is the same weekend as prom!!! So that is pretty annoying! But Oh well, Im not even positive Im going to state. And I cant even find a prom dress.....arg change of subject

So lately I have been thinking about my future and what I want to do. I know I want to make a difference in the injustice I see all over the world. I have been planning on doing civil rights law for a long time now. But lately I have been also thinking about journalism because I want to inform our nation. I really want to see a change in our media. Enough about Britney more about Darfur!

Sidenote: check this out change.org

It is a great site to get involved in positive changes

Anyway, I talked to my English teacher today and she thinks I have the writing ability, so journalism might be my new thing! I'll pray about it and see if it will fit into my schedule for next year!

I'm still thinking about Baylor or Ou for possible colleges. I was also thinking about how much I would LOVE moving up east....maybe Boston or New York! I just love big cities in general. So either way, the majors I'm thinking about going into are: history, psychology or journalism. All as pre-law majors. The law school up east for sure!!!

But I have also been thinking about how much I really want to go into other countries and see the injustice first hand, I want to truly experience the world I will be working so hard to save. So I am thinking about taking a year off before college to go into the Peace Corps,

What do you think?

Other than those thoughts, I am super pumped for Mexico!!! Please pray for us!

3 comments:

Chick4Christ said...

yay i'm so glad you posted!
well.. i'm super excited about prom! i hope you get to go!!!

and anyways, well about the future, thats such a tough one!
i think i'm going to UCO for child development. I want to work for DHS :)
i've also been considering going for elementary education cause they're trying to pass a new law that you have to be a certified teacher to homeschool your kids.. so if i wanna homeschool my kiddos i need that :)

love ya chica

Mandy said...

What about informing the nation about all the good we're doing in the world (reformation of the Middle East) and the true evil of terrorism?!?!?! Just thought I'd throw that in to make you laugh! Good luck! Enjoy prom--don't think I'm going.

Anonymous said...

yay. you're back!!! i'm so excited about mexico!!! it's gonna be BOMB!!! haha. and that future sounds intense. but you will do great things no matter what you choose. i have no doubt about that.