Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Home sweet home

So I am back from Harvard!

And it was fabulous!!!!!

This city of Boston is so incredibly enchanting! The history and the chaos in that city is unlike any other place I have been to before (though it did remind me of London, it was still sooo much different!)

Things I loved about Boston:
1-All the historic places
2-The people were soo nice and proud of their city
3-The people there were also alot smarter and wittier (no offense) ; )
4-The guys were soooo attractive!! They were mostly tall and thin with glasses and dark hair! The perfect physical aspects for men in my taste. Especially the ones who attended Harvard!! They were some super intellectual hotties : ) haha
5-I just love big cities in general, especially taking the subway and getting to walk all over the place-it is so refreshing and energizing!
6-The food!!!

I actually did alot better than I thought I would have in terms of debating.
I won four out of my six rounds!!!
I was pretty shocked to hear it! Only three people on our team did that well against those crazy debaters! the competition was super intense.
But I am soo glad I went. I met so many cool people, saw so many interesting places, had so many eye opening experiences and ate so much good food : )

Well, now my biggest challenge is getting all my make-up work finished, and competing again this weekend, which is my last chance to qualify!!! Ahhhh anyway,

I have missed all you girls (and guy?) soo dearly!!
I hope to see you soon!

5 comments:

Chick4Christ said...

yay!!
i'm so proud of you! you did so well :) i'm glad you had fun!! and i cant wait to see you tonight!

Also, in response to your comment, thank you! i LOVE having you as such a close friend! it was crazy how over the summer we become soo close in such a short time! when school started, i'm not gonna lie, i was getting a little dissapointed and pulling away and we didnt really talk as much. that really makes me sad, but i'm glad we're doing better now! We def need to start hanging out again! i know you're crazy busy with debate and such. And i'm super busy with work and figure skating etc. But we have time for what we make time for! So we need to have our Laurel Wendy time :)

i love you!
see ya tonight!

Mandy said...

Great job...we have certainly missed you around here!! I'm gonna visit Boston someday, but I'm not much of a city person...:) and I think I'm pretty quick witted...lol We missed you tonight

Chris said...

LOL HI!!!!! HOW YOU DOING!?

Anonymous said...

good job laurel!!! i knew you would be AMAZING!!!! i'm so glad you had a good time. hopefully a city that you can call home. hehe. i miss you so much though!!! i can't wait to see you saturday!!! I LOVE YOU!!!

shanna said...

I am so proud of you!